Diversification from traditional stock and bond investments is critical, and many people find value in having a professional Commodity Trading Advisor (or CTA) manage day-to-day responsibility of their trading account. There are numerous benefits of dealing with Managed Futures:
- Diversify beyond the traditional asset classes.
- Investment diversification may reduce overall portfolio volatility.
- Returns are potentially possible in any kind of economic environment however risk is present despite market conditions.
- Strong performance is potentially possible even during stock market declines.
- Successful institutions use them.
- CTA/CPO community is regulated and trades on regulated futures exchanges.
- Overall industry growth has been exceptional.
- Keep in mind that the potential for profit does however come with potential for loss.
- There is risk involved with trading futures and investors should only use true risk capital.
What Is A CTA?
Be sure to check out the page What Is A CTA? There you will learn the basics about what CTAs are and how you can participate.
How Can I Research Various CTAs?
There are many different CTAs available, each with their own risk-reward profile. At Foremost we can help direct you to the CTAs which match your style of investing along with your goals. In fact, we’re happy to provide an easy-to-use tool which you can use to search for CTAs matching your personal investment style. You can even see how multiple CTA programs traded simultaneously would have performed in the past!
This CTA Database is a free service but we require that you register with us to receive a PIN number. This will help us personalize the service for you.
Disclaimer: Trading futures, options on futures, retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions (“Forex”), investing in managed futures and other alternative investments are complex and carry a risk of substantial losses. As such, they are not suitable for all investors. This website contains information obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but such information has not been independently verified and its accuracy is not guaranteed by Foremost Trading. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Any mention of performance in any context whether actual or hypothetical is no guarantee of future results. Foremost Trading became a registered ‘dba’ of RCM Alternatives in July of 2020. Please see full disclaimer here: https://www.rcmalternatives.com/disclaimer/